Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Oracle of Shadows and Light

This morning I received this delightful oracle deck authored by Lucy Cavendish and illustrated by Jasmine Becket-Griffith.  It comes in a lovely oversize box with a very nice little book with black and white illustrations, card meanings, and three fairly basic spreads.  The deck itself is full of cute, big-eyed and yet somewhat sinister characters.  It reminds me a little of the Tarot of the Magical Forest :-)

So, I decided to do a reading with it to see if we'd click.  I thought about my life in general at the moment and drew three cards.  Given my previous post, the answer seemed very relevant!

Now is the time for... Angel de los Muertos


It's time to change, to transition to a new way of living.  In particular, it's time to look at things from a more spiritual perspective, but also to live for the moment.  A bit of Carpe Diem here.

Now is not the time for... Angel of Alchemy

The subtext here is "Miracle".  But now isn't the time for that, for trusting in some higher power to do things.  Although it's time for a change, that won't just magically happen.

Guidance... Nautilus Princess

Growth comes through personal development.  Working on intuition, listening to my own inner guidance on what I need and what will help.

Overall, the reading reminded me of something I read recently:
I asked for wisdom...
And God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity...
And God gave me brains and the strength to work.
I asked for courage...
And God gave me danger to overcome.
I asked for love...
And God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors...
And God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted.
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

-Anon.

I guess this sums up where I'm at right now, as shown by these last two posts.  I believe in a loving divinity, but I don't believe that I can merely surrender all my problems to this higher power.  I feel I need to work for what I want and find my own answers.

I imagine some might ask if reading tarot and oracle decks isn't also just trusting in something outside myself.  However, I don't think it is.  I trust that I will intuitively be able to read the message that I need to hear right now from the cards, which isn't the same as letting them tell me what to do or what my future is.

So, what do you think of this deck and this reading?  And where do you stand on higher powers and intuitive readings?

Images from the Oracle of Shadows and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment