Saturday, 26 February 2011

Daily Draw Gratitudes Dancer Queen

Still drawing from the magical Tarot of the Sidhe by Emily Carding, today's card is the Dancer Queen.

Equivalent in traditional systems to the Queen of Cups, this lady's connection with water is more than apparent in this version of the card.  A female figure stands in a pool of water, with wave-like clouds behind her.  She seems to be the source of the water around her: her hands - thumbs touching pointing up, and index fingers touching pointing down - are held in front of her heart, and from them spills water.  This makes me think of generosity, a continual flow of emotion.  Her hair sways above her like seaweed, and a conch shell decorates her forehead, above a crescent moon symbol.  The suggestion I see is that even her head, her mind, is emotionally directed.  Spirals cover the visible upper part of her body, green like life.  The tableau in which she finds herself is encircled by a bright, swirling starscape - the depths of the void from which all life springs.  The card is subtitled the Gift of Truth - her truth is an emotional one.  Such truths can also be hard to hear, but less so when spoken from the heart and with empathy.

My gratitudes based on this card are:


I am grateful for the emotional generosity of those around me.


I am thankful for the opportunity to share emotional connection with others.

I am grateful for the many wonders of the universe.

2 comments:

  1. This image makes a little more sense than the last queen. Where does 'charm' come into a woman trapped between fire and water who appears to be in a towering unquenchable rage? :) Guess that's why I don't have any of Emily's decks, our minds move in opposite directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharyn,

    Although Emily's image doesn't necessarily lead me there, I do traditionally associate the Queen of Wands with having plenty of charm. Warm, sensual, and passionate, I see her as someone who draws others to her quite naturally. However, I agree that the Dancer Queen is easier to associate with traditional ideas about the Queen of Cups.

    Personally, I quite like the unusualness and variety in Emily's decks. I think the transparent decks are ground-breaking and fabulous, and I'm really enjoying the Tarot of the Sidhe. I got a lot from a meditation I did with it this morning, too, which is one of the things Emily says they are designed for.

    Still, horses for courses, and if Emily doesn't rock your boat, hopefully next week's deck will ;-)

    ReplyDelete