Sunday, 27 March 2011

Baby it's cold outside!

I find it intriguing how very different interpretations of the Four of Pentacles can be.  Many people only see the dark side of this card - the greed and holding onto material things.  However, it can also be about husbanding your resources in or for a time of need.

In the Wizards Tarot, the image speaks to me of both these possibilities.  On the one hand, the Mandrake Academy student pictured looks rather grumpy.  He sits on a throne, looking off to the right - hoping for better things in the future?  Feeling a sense of entitlement - I'm magical and rich, I should get what I want?  On the other hand, he is in a cold, snowy landscape without a coat (yikes, I sound like such a mother).  In such circumstances, he may need to gather what he can to protect and sustain himself through the times of cold and lack.  A coin won't keep you warm, but it'll buy you a coat and a bowl of hot soup.

In terms of gratitudes:

I am grateful for the coming of spring.


I am glad to feel safe and warm.

Somehow, too, this image made me think of the Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews duet, so here it is for your delectation:

No comments:

Post a Comment