Thursday, 3 March 2011

Daily Draw Gratitudes Death

I have decided to do another two days with Emily Carding's Tarot of the Sidhe.  Firstly, because I am so enjoying this deck, and secondly because it makes very little sense to have my week of daily draws start on a Thursday.  Saturday seems far more logical!

Anyhow, the card I drew for today is the Death card.  I find the symbolism here really beautiful.  The candles represent human spirits, no longer encased in flesh but still burning brightly.  A reminder that while things change and we have to let go of some things which supported us in the past, there is also always something to look forward to.  It may be new and feel scary at times, but we cannot stop still where we are.

The owl represents wisdom, but more than this, the ability to see things from a new perspective, to see past, present and future (with a head that can turn 360º), and to see in the darkness, too.

There is a Sidhe character sitting on a burial mound, and the moon is eclipsed - a time of darkness, but also of spiritual growth.  Finally, the glyph in this card draws us into the gateway of the mound, inviting us in to a place of darkness, from which we will emerge changed, renewed.  This invitation to the Otherworld feels strangely protected - the two trees stand as guardians, full of wisdom and life, with roots into the earth, into the mound itself, connecting us with other levels of existence so that we will not become trapped if we venture in.

My gratitudes based on this card:


I am grateful for the time to mourn what I let go.


I am thankful for opportunities to change and grow, however hard they may feel at the time.


I am grateful for the protection I feel when I venture into new areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment