Friday, 4 March 2011

Daily Draw Gratitudes The High Priestess

This is the last card I'll be drawing from Emily Carding's Tarot of the Sidhe, at least in this daily gratitudes series. 

Today's card is the High Priestess.  I love the ethereal feel of this card, the way the High Priestess is semi-transparent, flowing into the water beneath her.  Her connection to the moon is highlighted by the way her hair forms a crescent moon, apparently haloed by the actual moon rising above her.  Between her hands flows a rainbow, symbol of the bridge between our reality and that of the Otherworld, and at her core burns a candle flame, indicative of the spirit and passion that reside within.  She appears to be seated within the pages of a book - truly at one with knowledge, so it forms the base from which she moves.  Below her, in the lake, swim two fish, one to either side of the Great Glyph of the Sidhe which seems to flow vortex-like into the depths.  Behind her are green plains rising up to stark mountains, and above her is a star-strung sky, seven stars shining brightly.  Her eyes are closed as though in meditation, and her third eye is open.

This card speaks to me of wisdom and intuitive understanding, of bright passion and silent contemplation.  There is a feeling of wholeness through opposites - the book and the inner flame, the rainbow and the moon, the lake and the mountains.  She sits at the centre of all, balancing, and perhaps sharing.

My gratitudes:

I am thankful for my trust in my own intuition.


I am grateful for the many wise women in my life.


I am thankful for the moments of meditation I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment