Thursday, 31 March 2011

Gnomeo and Juliet?

Today's card is drawn again from Corinne Kenner and John Blumen's Wizards Tarot.

In the King of Pentacles we see a gnome on a throne, looking rather grumpy.  Oftentimes, I think of the King of Pentacles as being someone who likes his material comforts, a bit of a sensualist even.  Hard-working and financially stable, he's not exactly the most romantic figure, but that sensuality does lend him a certain sex appeal.  I don't really see that here.  Instead, I notice the deer's horns on his head.  This makes me think of the Green Man, and of myths of Kings tied to the land.  He seems a very solid, stable chap, and I can well imagine him protecting all those who he feels responsible for, and taking on responsibility quite easily.

Once again, this doesn't scream romance - far more Gnomeo than Romeo.  And yet, there's something so trustworthy and dependable about him.  Wild acts of whimsy are all well and good, but when the going gets tough, I'd like this King to be by my side!

I am grateful for my (sometimes grumpy) fiercely protective and loyal love.


I am thankful for my own ability to protect my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment