Monday, 28 March 2011

Insight's Voyage

Today, I handed in my end-of-term essays - a Seven of Pentacles moment: hard work put in, now I have to wait 8 weeks to find out what I'll harvest.  So, deciding to make a bit of time for me, I chose to meditate with Emily Carding's Tarot of the Sidhe.

I shuffled, fanned the deck, and picked a card - Dreamer Six (Six of Swords), subtitled Insight's Voyage.  Then, seeing that it was a minor, without the Great Glyph of the Sidhe, I took the top card and placed it back up on my altar as a focus.

During my meditation, the message I got was that I will be supported in my journey, and will be able to try to steer a clear course, but ultimately I cannot control where I go.  Fate always plays a role, and yet the journey is still MINE.

I then decided to turn over the card I had taken as a focus, and it was the Dreamer Five (Five of Swords).  Unlike in my previous post on this card, what I saw this time was a message about the importance of relinquishing hope so that I can see and accept what IS.  Not perhaps the most cheerful notion, but very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment