Saturday, 26 March 2011

Karma?

This week I'll be drawing cards from the recently released Wizards Tarot authored by Corrine Kenner and illustrated by John Blumen.

Today's card is Justice - the Professor of Ethics - weighing up choices past and present.  The symbolism here is reminiscent of the Egyptian goddess Maat, testing our hearts to see if they are as light as a feather.  I also notice the owl perched behind her (each of the teachers/Majors has at least one familiar).  Representative of wisdom, with the ability to turn its head 360º, so being able to see all sides of a question, it speaks also of messages, like the scrolls on her desk.

I was asked recently if I believe in karma that transcends a single lifetime.  The jury's still out on that one for me, and even on the question of karma within this life.  Either way, I think it's important to live as though karma were a reality, to act as one would like to be treated, to respect oneself and others.  Although I don't always live up to these ideals, notably when annoyed by people who don't stop at legal crossings, or who smoke under no smoking signs, I acknowledge that my anger hurts me far more than it hurts them, weighing down my heart.  So, today I will try to be mindful to choose the high road.

I am grateful for the situations that life throws at me, allowing me to practice mindfulness and open heartedness.

I am thankful for the opportunity to see different points of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment