Monday, 18 April 2011

Dancing on the body of the goddess

For today's card from the Pearls of Wisdom Tarot by Roxi Sim and Caelli Fullbrite (7th House) we have the Three of Cups.

In this card we see three female figures dancing in a pool.  Although I get the sense of them being outdoors, surrounded by a meadow with golden flowers and both a fir tree and a cherry tree in bloom, at the same time they are also under a stone arch decorated with goldfish from whose mouths flow streams of water.  From the central fish, this water flows down to the women in the pool, who hold cups up, also overflowing with water which streams off to the sides.

The arch is also decorated with the runes mannaz (human - linked to the "complete" human being and to blood brotherhood - or sisterhood in this case) and wunjo (joy - harmonious existence, fellowship and happiness - who could ask for anything more?).

I am struck by the fact that the female dancers are not quite human-looking, being golden, mauve and pink.  Perhaps because they express the archetypal energy of friendship and the goddess?  I notice, too, that the cherry tree has a face and leans to one side, almost as though resting up against the head of the sleeping goddess who forms the hills behind the meadow.  This feels like an enchanted landscape, peopled by strange candy-floss nymphs.

This image feels full of joy, feminine sharing and support, and free-flowing emotion.  It reminds me of the bliss I feel after dancing wildly, or the quieter bliss of a yoga practice - meditation in motion, connecting with myself and with the divine.  And it makes me long for summer, and walks in nature talking about life with my friends.

I am grateful for my friends, who love and support me, and whom I love and support.


I am thankful for the sense of joy I feel in movement and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment