Saturday, 9 April 2011

Divine Emotions

After last week's unusual deck, I felt the need for something more restful this week.  So, I'll be drawing from the Rumi Tarot by Nigel Jackson.

Today's card is the King of Cups.  While acknowledging the spirituality of this deck, I have to admit to a puerile part of me that snickered at the quote on this card ;-)  Oh yeah, that sword of happiness will win a wife!


Trying to get my mind out of the gutter, I guess what this could mean is that by cutting through illusions to true happiness, we become forever joined with the divine.  Doesn't mean we feel the connection all the time, but that it is there when we are able to open ourselves to it, and to happiness.

I love the image of this peaceful potentate sat in an ornate garden, enjoying a refreshing drink and meditating on the meaning of life.  His trousers and shirt are purple, colour of our connection to the divine, and his cape is blue, colour of emotion and of speech.  On his head he wears a strange turban with green and red feathers, and what seems to be a stick coming out the top.  A message, perhaps, about his thoughts turning to life, to love, and his will reaching towards the heavens.


I am grateful for the emotions that fill me when I meditate.


I am thankful for the peaceful moments in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment