Saturday, 2 April 2011

She's got the whole world in her hand!

This week, my daily draws will come from the recently released Kingdom Within Tarot.  This deck has strong Qabalistic influences, as well as incorporating astrology, the elements and seasons, and is rather psychedelic.

The first card I drew was the Ace of Pentacles.  In the background we see the earth from space, while in the foreground we have a large brown Pentacle on an extended hand, topped with a stone crown.  At the bottom is a white semi-circle, indicating that we are in the domain of Malkuth.  The card is subtitled Power of Earth.

What struck me at first glance was that the hand holding the pentacle seems to be that of a woman.  I'd never really thought about it before, but I think the hands in the RWS look pretty male.  Of course, there are other decks where the Aces are presented by women, or without external intervention, but this is the first deck in which I've become aware of a disembodied female hand.  It suggests to me a feminine spirit or deity offering us a gift, offering us the seed of all possibilities, as the pentacle is the seed of the physical and thus linked to the entire world we see in the background.

I am grateful for all the possibilities offered me by life.


I am thankful for the health and strength of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment