Saturday, 28 May 2011

When I'm Sixty Four

After the interview yesterday, this week's deck for daily draws will be the Anna K Tarot.  For this first day, the card I pulled was the Lovers.

This is a great image, full of love, comfort, and tenderness.  It makes me think about traditional associations of the Lovers card with choices, as well as with passion.  Here, the message I get is that when we make a choice, it should be made with a sense of commitment, and from the heart.  This isn't about following our whims, but about making sure of what we really want, and being willing to put in the work to make it last.  Whether we're talking about marriage, a career, or even our choice of tarot deck, the more we put in, the more we get out.

I am grateful for the lasting commitments I have made, and the joy they bring me.

2 comments:

  1. This was definitely one of the deal-breakers for me - such a great card - why should the lovers always be depicted as youngsters? It's easy to find love - far harder to make it last.
    LR xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Little Red,

    The pink flowers around them show the continued blossoming of their love. Red would be for passion, which I think is easy to find, rather than love. On the other hand, I think it is far harder to make passion last, whereas love, once found, can be nurtured.

    Cx

    ReplyDelete