Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Yemaya

This week's deck, the Tarot Lukumi by Emanuele Noltro & Luigi Scapini, published by Dal Negro, has Orishas - spirits/deities - as it's Santería-based theme.  Today's card, la Reina de Copas or Queen of Cups, shows the beautiful Yemaya.  I've been doing daily draws with various Goddess decks over the last month or so, and this goddess has been coming up for me a lot!  So, I was delighted to see her here as well.

This feels like a balanced, nurturing, wise and abundant version of the Queen of Cups.  I notice the flowers pouring from her right hand, the way her very dress seems to be made of water, the fish and other sea creatures that gather around her, and the shell cup with chakra-coloured spirits rising from it.  The moon seems cheerful and day-dreamy, rather than moody, and the Cancerian crab suggests emotional depths.

I am grateful for times when I feel at one with my emotions.


I am thankful that I feel supported by this Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment