Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Carrying Water

Another Major form the Vision Quest Tarot today, and another that has been renamed.  Major VIII in this deck is the equivalent to the Justice card.

Still, this vision of it is very different.  No sword here, and no scales.  Instead, a woman carrying a water jug upon her head, with three dragonflies framing her, and a pool of water at her feet.  Wrapped in a blanket or shawl, with a turquoise necklace, she seems poised and calm, and her closed eyes are reminiscent of the blindfolded versions of Justice.  I feel like it is because she is at peace with her past actions, her current place in the world, and perhaps her decisions for the future, that she is able to stand so calmly, balancing the waters of life upon her head.  There is also the notion of measuring your gait, and your actions generally, to stay in balance, not going to extremes - being that stable middle point represented by the sword in the Thoth version of this card.

I am grateful for times when I feel centred and clear about what is important in my life - few and far between though they may be.

I am thankful that I can look back on my life so far without regret.

2 comments:

  1. wordsmithing that echos with me today...

    it is because she is at peace with her past actions, her current place in the world, and perhaps her decisions for the

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sharyn, it's always nice to hear when something chimes with someone :-)

    ReplyDelete