Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Preparation

The Arcus Arcanum Tarot (by Hansrudi Wascher, published by AG Muller) offers quite a different take on most of the pips, with a lot more people foregrounded than in many other decks.  

In today's card, the Four of Swords, this is more implied than actual.  Four suits of armour, complete with shiny swords, stand over a man sitting pensively on a step, while a woman stands behind him, eyes closed as though in meditation.  The man's purple robes suggest a King and leader, while on a more esoteric level they represent a connection with the spiritual.  The woman's golden dress speaks of an ability to process emotions, while on a spiritual level it indicates enlightenment.  In front of the man are some white and yellow flowers.  At a guess, I'll say dog roses, as the Little White Book gives very little information (all in German) and no flower names despite all the pips being decorated with them.


For me, this card says that it is necessary to take time in peace to prepare for the next step in whatever you are doing.  This preparation can be simply strategic, but it could also include a more spiritual side - preparing ourselves through improving our mindset, and through feeling more connected and calm.


I am grateful to find time to meditate.


I am thankful that I pack my bags the day before when I travel.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice, fresh take on the 4 of Swords. I have heard it/seen it described as a retreat before 'going back into the fray' and I think that's a great thing to add to the whole 'rest/zen/meditation' aspect of it. I also like your affirmations that you put on most of your readings. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete