Thursday, 9 June 2011

Thank You

For this penultimate draw with the Lo Scarabeo Tarot by Mark McElroy and Anna Lazzarini, the card is the Six of Pentacles.

This is another card where the Thoth influence is very apparent, while the Rider-Waite-Smith is still present, but the Marseille is notably absent.  The background is very close to the Thoth depiction of the Six of Pentacles, whilst the hands - one with coins in a gesture of holding or offering, the other empty in a gesture of readiness to receive - take the place of the three figures in the RWS - a merchant with a scales and two people receiving alms from him.  I like the added detail of planetary symbols on the pentacles.   Of the seven major astronomical bodies in ancient systems of astrology, only the sun is missing, yet it may be suggested by the bright circle at the centre of the card between the two hands.  When I think of traditional interpretations of giving what you can and getting what you need, the astrological symbolism adds a higher perspective.  We may not get what we want in the moment, but then, that may not be what we need when seen from a broader or more long term perspective.

I am grateful for what I can share with others.


I am thankful for the support I receive, both emotional, spiritual and material.

I am grateful for the lessons learned about what I really need.

2 comments:

  1. Another deck I couldn't love...but I've enjoyed your take each day very much.
    Thank you.
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit, I don't love this deck, but I do find it interesting, and I like the insight into the three main tarot traditions. So, I bought it to learn, and I do like the artwork, I just don't love it. Glad you've found the week's draws interesting, Sharyn - I enjoyed returning to this deck, which I used quite a lot back in 2007.
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete