Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Beast of Cups - Frog

This fine morning I drew the Beast of Cups from the Tarot of the Crone by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince.

In this deck, the Court Cards have been re-designated as Beast, Witch, Grandmother and Shadow, not comparable really to traditional ideas.  Here, in the Beast of Cups, we see a red and black frog sitting on a black branch, above lilac waters (the book says this is a lavender sky).  My associations to the frog include ideas about fertility and the ability to exist in different environments.  This image also reminds me of the great many bright colours that frogs take, and how at home they are in the water, element of emotions.  However, the companion book points out that the frog is very sensitive to it's environment, having a skin that is more permeable than most.  The author suggests this card is connected, among other things, with being sensitive to stresses around you.

I am grateful that I feel able to reveal myself emotionally.


I am thankful that while being sensitive to life's stresses, I can still feel comfortable in quite different situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment