Sunday, 31 July 2011

Camouflage

Today's card from the Nature's Wisdom Oracle by Mindly Lighthipe shows a Leaf Insect, and is subtitled Camouflage.

It's rather strange to see this creature out of context - it looks rather lumpy and dangerous with those huge pincers at the front.  Still, in its natural environment I can easily imagine it blending in to the point of disappearing. 

This is a great reminder that context is everything.  I remember a few years ago a couple of friends came over from Spain.  One woman was absolutely delighted with her first experience of London.  She said that, all her life, she had felt "observed", as she is quite dramatic-looking - Sinead O'Conner-esque in her shaved to the skull hair, with strong, slightly Arabic features, and an actress' dress-sense (as well as the talent to match).  Visiting Camden, though, she felt, if anything, rather understated: a novel and delightful experience.

As for me, I tend to go for casual/comfy.  While hugely impressed with the extremely fabulous shoes that Hestia wore at the Conference last week, I couldn't get away with them myself.  At times, though, I have to don a different kind of camouflage - a business suit, bah!  I wonder, what will it take to fit in today?

I am grateful that I don't have to struggle too much to fit in most of the time.

2 comments:

  1. I love this oracle! I missed Hestia's shoes. You have deeply contemplative response to your cards. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla,

    Thank you, I'm certainly enjoying the change from a daily tarot card. This Oracle was a review item from TABI - you should take a look at the Ezine section, as I know Genie is always on the look-out for new talent :)

    I'm still hoping Hestia will blog about those shoes...

    ReplyDelete