Sunday, 17 July 2011

Dark Queen

For this second day with the Silver Era Tarot, by Aunia Kahn and Russell J. Moon, I pulled the Queen of Swords.

I really like this rather dark Queen.  She holds an intricately etched sword, suggesting that her wit, whether used for good or ill, is cleverly crafted.  As in traditional images, the sword she holds points straight up - she can see the truth of matters, and cut to the heart of them.  The highlighted element in this card is the waning moon behind her, reminding us of this Queen's connection with the ability to cut ties, to let go emotionally.  It is a subtle cue, too, to her sense of loss and endings lived through, and a reminder that these come and go in phases.

I am grateful for times when I can look dispassionately but empathetically at other people's issues, if not always my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment