Saturday, 2 July 2011

Every Day Is A Winding Road

Today I begin a week drawing from the Tarot of the Crone.  This is a rather non-traditional deck, and one that bears meditating on.  The card for this first day is the Seven of Disks.

Interestingly, with it's map-like depiction of a winding road passing through changing landscapes, this card reminds me of the Seven of Air card from the Gaian Tarot (see below).  I guess where I notice the difference is that, in this rather abstract deck, this picture is meant to depict the actual landscape, whereas in the Gaian Tarot the similar image is a map, with real countryside around. 

This would be where the difference between the Seven of Air (Swords) and the Seven of Disks (Pentacles) comes in.  Here in the Tarot of the Crone, this image speaks of life being a journey, not a destination.  And a long and winding path it is, too! 

Whereas in the Gaian Tarot what we're asked to consider is more how to plan to get to where we're going, and to think about what could be the pitfalls or alternate routes we could take.  However, there's a real notion of rational choices to it, rather than the suggestion of a lived experience which we go with and sense.

I am grateful for the experiences life sends my way.

I am thankful that I don't always have to walk this path alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment