Thursday, 28 July 2011

Hidden Riches

For this sixth pull with Dana Driscoll's Tarot of Trees, I drew the Nine of Pentacles.

This tree sinks its roots beneath snow-covered soil, and holds nine pentacles there.  The suggestion of having a wealth of resources to draw on through the hardships of Winter, and to foster Spring growth, is rather different from traditional Nine of Pentacles meanings.  It could also be seen as hoarding - rather more Four of Pentacles-y.  However, following more common interpretations, I can also see the idea of someone who has worked hard to get themselves into a comfortable, stable situation.

I like the additional ideas that arise just from the seasonal implications in this card.  I also find interesting the notion that these riches might be what nourish us - what additional insights could this offer?

I am grateful for the reserves - material, physical, spiritual and emotional -  I have to draw upon in times of hardship.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really unique image for the 9 of Pentacles! It really gives a new meaning to 'earthy'...instead of being in the garden you're in the roots and the soil. Crazy!

    Thanks again for your lovely and thoughtful comments on my blog. I appreciate it.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I hadn't thought of the word "earthy" - that's an interesting thought for interpreting more traditional Nine of Pents images, too.

    As for the comments, you are most welcome! It's good to know there are people out there who care - and it's certainly a two-way street :)

    Big hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete