Wednesday, 20 July 2011

I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar

Today's card from the Silver Era Tarot by Aunia Kahn and Russell J. Moon is Strength.

It's weird the things that pop into my head when I look at images (well, other times too, but that's what I'm talking about today).  Although I've seen the Strength card many times in many decks, I think this is the first time that this song has popped into my head on looking at it.  And it's not even a song I'm aware of ever having heard (it came out when I was two!)

I find it curious that the artists chose to highlight the lemniscate above the woman's head - they didn't do so in yesterday's Magician, the first card (numerically) in which it appears.  And the choice of colour, too - a bright, deep blue.  Perhaps that's what sparked my lyrical brain, as I associate blue with the throat chakra and communication - being willing and able to say what you want.  And that fits well with both this card, and with the song of female empowerment that sprang into my mind.  How interesting to work through the connections!


I am grateful for the gains that have been made by women in our society, so that we can speak our minds and live our truths, without always having to hide our strength.


I am thankful for my gut instincts and my ability to figure them out rationally, at least some of the time.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post.

    I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar!

    I say that all the time yet never associated it with the Strength card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing that, even after years, we can suddenly see something new in the cards! Gotta love the Tarot ;D

    ReplyDelete