Monday, 18 July 2011

Red Queen

For the second day in a row, my daily card from the photographic Silver Era Tarot (by Aunia Kahn and Russell J. Moon) is a Queen.

This time it's the turn of the Queen of Cups.  Here Aunia has blonde hair, and the highlighted element is her purple dress (yeah, so I took a little liberty calling her the Red Queen, but Purple Queen would sound a bit weird).  To me, this suggests that she has a depth of body wisdom, that she is in touch with her bodily felt sense to assess situations at an emotional, spiritual level, and rational level.  The spiritual is highlighted by her headdress with a pendant at her third eye, while the rational is indicated by the book in her left hand, and the emotional is shown by the cup in her right hand.  The bodily felt sense combines these elements, and is sensed as a complex whole, hence the wisdom of her body where these various elements are combined and assessed at a level beyond each of them individually.

I am grateful for what I am learning about focusing on my bodily felt sense.

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous cards!

    I love them. The Queens are awesome. I would call her the 'Plum Queen'...doesn't sound as silly as the 'Purple Queen'... :)

    Hugs to you,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a good idea, MM! "Plum Queen" definitely sounds juicy and natural, and quite sensual :)

    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete