Saturday, 16 July 2011

Sunshine On A Rainy Day

For this week I have chosen a photographic deck with a delightful twist.  The Silver Era Tarot, by Aunia Kahn and Russell J. Moon, features black-and-white photographs, each with one or two elements highlighted in colour.  It is a concept that works very well, though I'm less certain about the large grey borders - this is a deck I may trim at some point.

On this not-so-sunny Saturday, the card I drew was the Sun.  In this card, it is the eponymous Sun itself which is highlighted, glowing a pale yellow in a cloudy sky, with white rays shining forth from it - some rather obvious photoshopping having been done to the original cloudy sky image.

The somewhat stormy clouds led to the post's title, and this song:
In a fascinating display of synchronicity, I had never seen the video that accompanies this song and it turns out to have lots of black-and-white imagery with colour in one element or in the background!

I am grateful for times when light pierces the gloom, brightening my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment