Sunday, 14 August 2011

Assassin or Thief?

Today's card drawn from the Ludy Lescot Tarot, illustrated by Patrizio Evangelisti and published by Lo Scarabeo, is the Page of Swords.

Standing in the shadow of a doorway, his sword half drawn, this character has all the markings of an assassin or thief waiting for his prey.  The statue behind him shows a brave or foolish person, sword at the ready, turning to look over his shoulder, and I can almost hear a voice yelling "He's behind you!" to the unsuspecting mark heading for this doorway.

A warning, then, to be on our guard.  While we may not be facing an actual thief or pickpocket, there are people who would assassinate our character through gossip, or steal our ideas.

I am meeting with old University friends for a picnic lunch, perhaps today the message is to myself: don't be tempted into idle gossip.

I am grateful to be surrounded by many kind, supportive, trustworthy people.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting image. I hate sneakiness, but this image is still interesting. Hehee. This reminds me vaguely of the Sherlock Holmes stories I was reading this weekend.

    Big Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    Yes, I have been noticing that kind of feel to the deck. Makes me think a bit about the upcoming Steampunk Tarot by Barbara Moore :)

    Big hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete