Friday, 19 August 2011

Confusion

This is just a little taster which I couldn't resist posting.  The card comes from the Rock'n'Roll Oracle , currently self-published.  There's also a Facebook page where you can get an electronic reading with it :)  I will be doing my daily card with this deck in a week or two's time, but am drawing from it myself to get to know it in between times.  The premise of the deck is that it features song titles from Rock'n'Roll greats, with lovely artwork to match, and a keyword title.  It's a little gem!

Anyhow, I asked, "What energy do I need today?" and drew Confusion.  My first thought was, no black-and-white thinking today, it's all going to be shades of grey.  Then I burst out laughing.  So far today I have accidentally texted the wrong person, whose number I had incorrectly saved as someone else's.  I wrote a note so confusing that the person it was for did the exact opposite of what I was asking (I had planned to explain it to her in person, but was too tired when she arrived and forgot).  And I posted a comment on Facebook which, after pressing Enter, I realised could be taken at least three ways and sounded pretty stupid whichever way you took it - and this is AFTER having had a nap :duh:

Now I am totally confused - is this the energy I need for today, or just the energy that I have darn well got? LMFAO!

Update: I've been sitting around for the last two hours waiting for a phone call.  Someone just called on my mobile saying, did you know your landline isn't working? #-o d'oh!  Now I don't know if the other person's been trying to call me all morning unsuccessfully or not...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sharyn, looks like I'll need it today ;)
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. I love this. Great poking-fun-at-self, too. I went to their page and saw the posting about your blog. So funny.

    Hope there's a silver lining to your purple haze cloud.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MM,
    Thanks for pointing me to the comment on Facebook, I hadn't seen it :) Overall, despite the many confusions, it hasn't been too bad a day. It's not like most of it matters, so long as I don't mind looking a bit daft, which is fine by me ;> Finally got my call several hours later, and straight to my mobile, which it turns out they had too, so more worrying for nothing :duh: Ah well, tomorrow's another day!
    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete