Monday, 15 August 2011

Embrace The Night

For this third day pulling cards from the Ludy Lescot Tarot, created by Ludy Lescot and with illustrations by Patrizio Evangelisti (Lo Scarabeo 2011) we meet the Eight of Wands.

A female figure with billowing hair and dress seems to almost fly up the stairs, as if drawn by the full moon rising above.  She leaves behind a sepulchre filled with skulls.  Is she a vampire rushing off to find sustenance at the throat of some unsuspecting human?  Or perhaps a revenant being called up by a necromancer?  In either case, someone is in a hurry to get something done.  Her dress seems to be coming apart at the seams, though, perhaps indicating that more haste equals less speed.

I'm hoping that wont' be the case for me today - I really have to get moving on my essay, even if it doesn't have to be in for another few weeks.

I am grateful to not be hard-pressed by a deadline.



6 comments:

  1. Just write it, lady! What's holding you back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even get me started, Carla. I've already written about my uncertainty about where to go with it, lack of clarity, and now Little Red has designed a spread on procrastinating, while you blogged about self-sabotage. Now, I'm restraining myself from trying the spread, but reading those blogs was far more appealing than writing the essay ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. The dreaded essay!

    :) Makes me feel better, in a sense, at my own procrastination tendencies.

    Big Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked this card as a least favorite, and i had not even noticed the skulls until you pointed them out, but somehow the way you write about it makes me like it more.

    Just write, a thing easier said than done, I probably know better than anyone. But it's easier to revise than to create from scratch, I feel. At least you do have lots of time for it, though! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this visual for this card, it shows forward movement, that which has started must go ahead. It shows the possibilities of something new - she rushes out to what? Yet she has made the decision to move forward, so gains control over her choice.

    I am grateful to be able to move forward towards new possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MM, yes, at least I know I'm not the only one who procrastinates lol!

    Hi Manda, glad I'm turning you on to a deck you already have, rather than tempting you with someothing new - ha ha. Actually, I have been doing that just writing business. I then end up having to delete big chunks, or doing a huge rewrite, but I do now have 2/3 done, yay!

    Hi Helen, you always come up with great gratitudes - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete