Saturday, 13 August 2011

Foul Lucre

This week I'll be drawing my daily cards from the Ludy Lescot Tarot, by Ludy Lescot, illustrated by Patrizio Evangelisti, and published by Lo Scarabeo.

For this first day, the card I received is the Four of Pentacles. This rather suspicious-looking character pours four coins from one hand to the other while he stands in a wooded grove with a treasure chest behind him. Crows crowd the branches above him, the only witnesses to whatever shady meeting he has planned.

Questions this card raises for me are less about how you look after your resources or whether you should hold so tight to them. Instead, it makes me wonder how he gained his treasure, and what he plans to spend it on?

I am grateful not to have to deal with business people on a day-to-day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment