Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Heart-Rending Horror

The card the Ludy Lescot Tarot offers me today is one of unspeakable grief and absolute horror.

This blood-spattered woman with her torn dress and smeared make-up seems to pay no heed to her own state.  All she can think of is the three toddlers in the rubble-filled room behind her, pierced by swords.  Though she clutches a cross, I wonder what strength she can draw from it.  The cross may have saved her life, but that just leaves her to cope with the repugnant sight of three beautiful young children slaughtered.  Maybe, though, it will help give her faith that there is some purpose in life, even in the face of such tragedy.  Certainly, she may need to hold onto something if she is to make it through to the other side of heartbreak.

Today is the day I see counselling clients, so I hope I can be the presence that helps someone through hard times.

I am grateful for each day that I can kiss and play with my son.

6 comments:

  1. Good lord, that is one brutal card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, probably not a good deck for face to face readings unless your at a goth convention or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, you took the words right out of my mouth. But I guess it certainly gets the message across. If they are her babies, then it translates the horror and pain of the situation pretty well (even if they are not). The bleeding heart has nothing on this one, lol. I dread to think what the 10 of Swords looks like!

    PLN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, PLN, I think the Ten of Swords is less shocking than this image. A man lies face up on a path, pierced by swords, and a female figure rushes towards him from the distance looking devastated. Relatively mild ;b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That would freak me out if I got that card. I don't like that card to begin with but yeah. Wow!

    Hugs to you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MM,
    Yeah, it's definitely not a deck for the faint-hearted. Still, there's something I like about being made uncomfortable by a deck sometimes...
    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete