Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Messenger

Mindy Lighthipe's Nature's Widsom Oracle is full of such a variety of aspects of the natural world.  Having had pumpkins, mushrooms, leaf insects and snakes, today we are greeted by the beautiful iris flower. 

The subtitle here is Messenger because, as Mindy explains in the companion book, Iris is the Greek goddess of rainbows.  Mindy talks about Iris guiding women's souls to the Underworld.  However, I had always heard of the rainbow being a bridge between our mundane world and spirit more generally.  I also find it interesting that the irises shown here are mainly purple, the colour of our crown chakra which connects with the Universe.  They also have a dab of red, colour of the base chakra, linked to the earth and being grounded.  So, even the colours echo this idea of bridging the everyday and the more spiritual side of life.  Prayers and gratitudes are messages that we offer up to the divine, letting go of them so that they can come back to us, no longer as attachments but as possibilities.

On a more mundane level, over the weekend I met again with someone I hadn't seen for 19 years!  All this time, I had felt resentful - he had made a comment which I felt was insulting, suggesting either that I was unlovable or simply showed no discernment in my choice of partner.  I was nervous about seeing him again, yet when we did meet it was fine.  I think it was because I had spoken of it to my Dear One, and in finally talking about it with someone who loves me I could let go of the pain.  So I was able to enjoy the reunion, and hope we can become friends again.  In many ways, I see this as similar to how prayer can work - releasing our cares to an outside source of love.


I am grateful for the opportunity to pray, to offer gratitude to the universe, and to let go of worries.


I am thankful for the chance to reconnect with old friends, without rancour.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely deck and you handle the cards so sensitively. I found your ideas about the colours, chakras, and rainbow really interesting. I will remember what you've said there.

    Altogether, a lovely blog.

    PL
    http://princelenormand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PLN,

    Thanks for your kind words, and I'm glad the ideas seem useful. Very glad you dropped by, too - am loving your blog, and will add it to my list! The Favole looks beautiful, though I don't generally like non/semi-illustrated pips, and your readings are very sensitive and informative. Looking forward to seeing how the Celtic Cross positional interpretations go...

    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chloe. I look forward to reading more of your posts and seeing which deck you choose next.

    The Favole is lovely. The pips are quite beautiful in their own way and so far, i haven't had any trouble with them. I love the green and black colouring of the Flowers suit.

    ReplyDelete