Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Miracles

Today's card from David Rosenhaus' Rock'n'Roll Oracle is called Miracles.  The song it is associated with is "Do You Believe in Magic?" by The Lovin' Spoonful.

David reminds us that every breath we take is a miracle, that we often take for granted, while the song talks of the magic of love and music - both very powerful separately and combined :)  The image, however, takes us a little further into the realms of the esoteric, if we choose to go there.  It shows a person's hands, and a candle flame.  We could just see this as the magic of light and warmth from fire, which has been so important in human evolution.  Or we can see this as being about creating ritual space and setting magical intentions, whether it be lighting a candle as a prayer (Catholic magic) or for some other magickal purpose. 

I really like that the card offers us the idea of miracles and magic at whatever level we are ready to accept these - the magic of breath and fire, or more ritual workings.  Either way, it asks us to appreciate the wealth of life that is available to us.

I am grateful for the magic of the internet, which connects me with people from so many places.

I am thankful for the magic of tarots and oracles, which bring illumination to my life.

2 comments:

  1. That is an interesting deck... I like how each card related to one song! :)

    Your interpretation of this card reminded me of another song, called "Soul Meets Body" by Death Cab for Cutie:

    "I want to live where soul meets body
    And let the sun wrap its arms around me
    And bathe my skin in water cool and cleansing
    And feel, feel what its like to be new

    Cause in my head there’s a greyhound station
    Where I send my thoughts to far off destinations
    So they may have a chance of finding a place
    where they’re far more suited than here"

    Both the internet and divination allowed me to do this... to receive and to share new ideas, that would not grow in the cynicism that surrounds me. But in similar minds, across the world, they have thrived...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina,

    Yes, that really is one of the great joys of the internet - being able to connect with like-minded people who will support us, wherever they may be. Never heard that song, will have to hunt it out on Youtube :)

    ReplyDelete