Sunday, 7 August 2011

Passion for Learning

For this second draw with Lo Scarabeo's Tarot of the Renaissance by Pietro Alligo and GiorgioTrevisan, I pulled the Three of Wands.

The triangle in this image makes me think of the element of fire, associated with wands in many decks and seemingly here, too.  It appears to mark off a space that is lighter and brighter, and the figure (dressed in fiery red) seems to look beyond the confines of the triangle.  The book pressed to his chest suggests learning and knowledge - especially in the Renaissance when only very few could read.  Altogether, this gives me the sense of someone opening up new horizons through their passion for learning. 


I am thankful that we live in an age when so much is openly available to learn.

I am grateful for the many books in the world, and the ability to read them.

2 comments:

  1. I like your interpretation of this card. :) I also really enjoy your gratitudes at the end of each post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla,

    Well, I don't know if my daily gratitudes will turn me into a saint, but I hope at least to cultivate a more positive attitude ;)

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete