Saturday, 6 August 2011

The Pied Piper

This week I will be drawing from Lo Scarabeo's Tarot of the Renaissance by Pietro Alligo and GiorgioTrevisan.  This is a non-traditional deck - the minors bear little or no resemblance to RWS imagery, or even Thoth keywords.

Today's card is the Six of Wands.  My first take on this was that he is playing music (creating harmony) to help his projects (wands) take root and grow.  So, someone who takes the time to nurture ideas and to be kind to those around them - a good team leader.  This actually fits quite nicely with traditional Six of Wands ideas of success aided by the support of others.

On the other hand, he could be seen as a pied piper figure - someone who gets others to dance to his tune.  Harmonious words can also be lies, and someone can talk the talk without walking the walk.

Still, for my gratitude I'll take the positive approach.


I am grateful for having good project leaders: trustworthy people who are generous with their praise.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodie, a deck I've never seen!
    Was nice to put a face with your words this week. I sometimes do a modified tree in checkout lines...I consider it the yogi's secret handshake~
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete