Saturday, 27 August 2011

Possibilities

This week, as promised last Friday, I will be blogging with the Rock and Roll Oracle.  This is a lovely deck created by David Rosenhaus and currently self-published.  You can check out images for all the cards over at his website, or have an e-reading on the Facebook page.

For this first daily card I drew Possibilities.  The song this is associated with is "Dream On" by Aerosmith.  This wasn't a song I knew, not being a big Aerosmith fan, or an Aerosmith fan at all!  However, the lyrics are fairly inspiring:

Every time I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It goes by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
is in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and
from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away x2

Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until your dreams come true x2
Dream On x 7

Sing with me, sing for the year
sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away x 2

David talks about life's possibilities being endless and advises us to "Dream big, with intention, until your dreams come true."

What I see here is a universe of infinite possibilites, and a human eye looking out at them.  The message I get is to open myself to the potentials around me, rather than just seeing what is right in front of my nose.  So, something about thinking outside the box.

Today I am finishing my essay, finally.  Will I have a sudden last-minute insight to add to it?  Or perhaps just that, now that it's done, I can open myself up to other things again... I like the thought of that!


I am grateful for the wealth of possibilities in life.

5 comments:

  1. That song is surprisingly deep! Lol. But really, a good song. I admit I am also not a big Aerosmith fan but that's not a bad song--they've been around a good while.

    HUGE high fives and congrats on finishing your essay!!!

    Hugs to you,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,
    Hope you're having a good weekend, despite not staying away from the internet and blogging :) Finally got my essay submitted last night, and today I have to go hand in the hard copy :duh:

    Still not sure I like Aerosmith much - they manage to hide the spirituality of the lyrics very well, ha ha.

    Hugs to you, too,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shaheen,

    This is a deck I've been following since it was purely virtual, so I'm delighted to have finally got my hands on one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! Thanks. Yeah, I'm incorrigible. I never stay off when I say I will. Hope you had a good weekend.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete