Monday, 29 August 2011

Relax

My third card from the Rock and Roll Oracle is titled "Relax" and associated with the Eagles song "Take It Easy".

Now this card has it all, for me.  A lovely keyword, a beautiful image, and a song I adore.  This reminds me of summers at University when I would stick my Eagles cassette (yes, as in old fashioned tape - yikes, so old) in the car stereo, wind down the windows, and head for the beach.  OK, so the beach was often fairly chilly, it's England after all, but it still had sunshine, fresh sea air, and the waves playing with the sand... bliss!

Even further back, for a couple of summers when I was very young we went to Trinidad, as my mum had friends out there.  They had a huge hammock out on their front porch, and I thought it was absolutely wonderful to be able to lie out in the humid air swinging back and forth, gazing at the amazing greenery all about.

In our society we spend so much time rushing I really like the concept of slowing down, enjoying just being.  Today is a Bank Holiday in the UK, so my Dear One and I are planning a (hopefully) relaxing time with Big Boy.  If it's sunny we'll go to a near-by park, watch the ducks, squirrels and people, and maybe some rabbits if we're lucky.  If it rains we'll go to the cinema, and either see Arrietty or the Smurfs :)


I am grateful for times to rest and enjoy life with my family.

2 comments:

  1. 'Take It easy, take it easy
    Don't let the sound of your own wheels
    drive you crazy
    Lighten up while you still can
    don't even try to understand
    Just find a place to make your stand
    and take it easy'

    I love this song! I always link songs to my cards anyway--you may have noticed from my blog. I think I would like this oracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, this is one of my favourite songs ever! :) Yep, I think you might be challenged in your "no new decks til November" resolution ;D By the way, there'll be an interview with David Rosenhaus, the creator, in the next TABI Ezine :)

    ReplyDelete