Sunday, 28 August 2011

Silicon Dawn Reading

Click to see a larger image - love the detail on these cards!
I am still getting to know this very different deck, and decided to do another three card draw with it to see what it had to say about my week. 

The first thing I notice is the way that the female figure in the centre is breaking out of fixed ways of being.  Yet the options to either side don't seem all that appealing to me.  To the left is the King of Cups, plotting a route through the deeps guided by a map, and cut off from the actual emotion by walls of glass.  Perhaps there is the potential here to see without having to feel, but is that a good thing?  To the other side, overexuberance, drunken joy.  She seems blissed out, but I don't trust an intoxication that comes from the outside.  Drunk on emotion, perhaps not even her own.

On the other hand, perhaps I'm just seeing the negative side.  Today's the first real day of my period, which often leaves me feeling sore and grumpy.  Plus I didn't get a nap this morning.

So, a different take on it would be that, having FINALLY finished my essay, I am now free to follow where my spirit takes me.  I can explore deep emotions, perhaps read some of those psychotherapy texts I've been meaning to get to.  Or I can plunge into enjoying myself and having a bit of a break.  Or better yet, a little of both depending on the day...  A reminder, then, that I probably need some structure in my life to get things done, but that I also need to just kick back and have fun now and again, too.

2 comments:

  1. Small technical feedback: the "Click to see a larger image" isn't working
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that, not sure why... will try to figure it out :duh:

    ReplyDelete