Thursday, 15 September 2011

Beauty

Today's card from the Mythical Goddess Tarot is the Maiden of Earth.  In this deck, the Courts have been renamed Child, Maiden, Mother and Crone, so the Maiden would equate to the Knight, if you feel a need for the correspondence.  However, I see them quite differently, and feel the words speak for themselves to a large degree - the Child before sexuality and gender come to the forefront, followed by the triple feminine aspects of the Goddess.

So, what to make of this Maiden of Earth (Pentacles)?  Around her is a wealth of natural beauty - flowers blooming, butterflies flitting, birds in the sky, and trees providing shade.  She wears a vibrant dress, and adorns herself with rings and an anklet.  Her hair flows, and her smile is peaceful, though by modern Western standards she may be seen as overly curvaceous for model-infested notions of beauty.

I see here a reminder to appreciate beauty in all its guises - both human and natural.  There is also a feeling of serenity, she's in no rush to do anything, just enjoying the day.  I could do with some of that energy!

I am grateful for the beauty I find around me - my local park, Big Boy, and of course gorgeous decks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment