Saturday, 24 September 2011

Emotional Withdrawal

This week I will be drawing from the Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck (Hay House, 2009) by John Holland.  Although it has the word tarot in the title, John Holland decided to remove the Court cards, saying many people just found them confusing, and add in chakra cards.  He has also re-named all the Majors and added a more modern, spiritual take to all the cards.  So, while it probably shouldn't strictly be considered a tarot deck, the cards are beautiful, and it does follow tarot structure and tradition to a large extent.

For this first draw, the card I pulled is the Eight of Emotions (Water/Cups), subtitled Emotional Withdrawal.  A man sits on an empty beach, facing the sea, hands in a mudra to draw the sea's energy in.  He wears a monk's robes, lilac in colour, which suggest wisdom and spiritual seeking.  I notice his footsteps in the sand, leading to where he sits, and a handprint on the other side, made as he sat.  This speaks to me of the marks we leave on the world when we engage with it.  These are washed away in time, and can be wiped out through strong emotions.

Today, the decision process the company I work for comes to a conclusion.  It'll be a busy day, and emotions may run high as people discuss and negotiate how to move things forward.  I take this card as a suggestion to stay out of the fray, at least emotionally.  Anything I contribute should come from a place on non-attachment.  Let's see if I can manage that, and hope that a decision that everyone can live is reached.

I am grateful for the reminder to stay neutral during discussions.

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on this card. Hope everything went good at work.

    Best wishes,
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cher,

    I have to say, I think there's a wealth of interpretations available in these cards, and the artwork feels very alive :)

    Everything went fairly well with work. In a strange way the hardest thing was actually something personal I found out from one of my colleagues about his child - I had to keep my emotions under tight control for that as it was such a stark contrast to my own situation. Oh well...

    Best wishes,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete