Thursday, 29 September 2011

Fulfillment of Wishes

Today, another card from the suit of Emotions in John Holland's Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck.

What a lovely image this is!  A woman smells a flower, holding a scroll in her other arm, while seemingly standing on the leaf of a plant.  In front of her a treasure chest opens to reveal its illuminating wealth, and in the background water pours over the edge of two sheer walls, cascading down into a pool below.  The title "Fulfillment of Wishes" catches one of the traditional associations of the Nine of Cups, with none of the possible negative overtones to beware what one wishes for.

I see here both an enjoyment of simple pleasures - being out in nature, the majesty of a waterfall, the charm of a green leaf lifting to the sun - and of more emotional and esoteric joys - being surrounded by free-flowing emotion, reading words of wisdom, discovering a treasure which could be any of the above, or in someone else, or even in our own heart.

I won't have time to go for a walk in the park today, but I shall try to enjoy wherever I do go, and whatever I do.  I shall spend time with Big Boy and my Dear One, and appreciate the love we all share.

I am grateful for the beauty of the world and the people in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment