Sunday, 25 September 2011

Material and Spiritual Prosperity

The Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck uses colours to show the suit on the Minors.  However, the associations are a little different from normal.  Here we have green for Emotions (Cups), red for Physical (Pentacles), indigo for Mental (Swords), and violet for Spirit (Wands).  Despite these changes, and the very different key words, the connection to Rider Waite Smith imagery is still present.

Today, for example, I drew the Six of the Physical suit.  It is titled "Material and Spiritual Prosperity".  Traditional associations for the Six of Pentacles include giving and receiving, and generosity.  Although the man here seems to be simply enjoying his prosperity, because it is spiritual as well as physical I have the sense that there must be a balance in this, like the two fountains of water in front of him.  Life has been generous to him, but his purple shirt suggests that he also acts from a place of spiritual wisdom, not attached to the physical - enjoying it, but also seeing beyond it.

Back home after a two-day work marathon, I will enjoy the gift of being with my family, perhaps going for a walk together in our local park, making the most of the bounty of nature.

I am grateful to be able to spend time with Big Boy and my Dear One.

3 comments:

  1. In our busy lives to have a free day stretching before us is luxury and wealth indeed.
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this deck, but don't use it very often, perhaps it's time to pull it out again. Great pull, enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharyn,

    So true! Hope you had a great Sunday.

    Hi Cher,

    Ha ha, I always get tempted by decks I see others blogging with. That being said, this is a lovely deck, though I miss the Courts ;) Hope you had a lovely day, too!

    Best wishes to you both,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete