Friday, 16 September 2011

The Shapeshifters Are Here!

After much dithering about whether to get the Oracle of Shapeshifters (Blue Angel 2011), I ordered it and then had to suffer the wait for it to arrive.  Finally, it's here!  So, after bonding with the cards a bit, I shuffled and drew a card to represent what this deck will be to me.  Colour me delighted, what a great start to a relationship :)

This card, titled Little Owlyn, has the key phrase: "Wisdom as light as a feather".  What more could one ask of an oracle that is as playful as this?

As with Lucy Cavendish and Jasmine Becket-Griffith's previous deck (Oracle of Shadows and Light, Blue Angel 2010) the artwork is full of pouty, big-eyed, soulful looking female characters.  Don't let the images fool you, though, both decks pack plenty of punch.

The concept behind the Shapeshifters deck is that in times of transition we can call on the wisdom of the animal world, helping us along our path to transformation, or just to deal with the constant change that surrounds us.  All the artwork features animals of a wide variety of hues and types - from ravens to alligators, from beetles to kittens, from koi to crabs.  The colours are bright, and there is symbolism not only in terms of the animals, but also in terms of the environment, the characters and their clothes and what they carry.  Plenty to trigger intuitive readings!

So, I shall turn to this deck when I want some help delivered in a light-hearted but still heartfelt way.   And I will use it for my daily draws starting tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm jealous!

    I love these decks though I have neither of them. I really might consider this one, though not yet. I promised myself no more decks the rest of the year and by gum, I'm going to stick to it.

    I love the owl card. Reminds me of my parents who have a thing for owls. Looking forward to seeing your pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    Yes, I really like these decks - they're quirky and fun. A bit less fluffy than your average Angel deck ;D

    Good luck with not buying any more decks - I find that reading other people's tarot blogs puts paid to those kind of intentions *ha ha*

    I love owls, I saw a show once where they had various trained birds, and they were all amazing. Still, the owl holds a special place for me, because of some of its symbolic aspects.

    Wishing you a great weekend,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete