Friday, 30 September 2011

Solar Plexus Chakra

For this last day drawing from John Holland's Pscyhic Tarot Oracle Deck (Hay House 2008) I'm delighted to have pulled one of the Chakra cards!  As I mentioned before, the author removed Court cards from his "tarot", and added in Chakra cards.

This card represents the Manipura or solar plexus Chakra, which is associated with how we deal with emotion - are we able to digest what we experience?  It is also connected to our "gut instinct" and the actions we choose to take.  Its colour, yellow like the sun, suggests the warmth or even fiery energy which it provides us with.  Some writers describe the ten petals associated with the symbol for the third Chakra as being black or dark blue, like storm-laden clouds.  A reminder that our emotions can often be tempestuous.

I wonder what ride my emotions will take me on today, or whether doing a chakra-balancing meditation is what is called for to keep me on an even keel?


I am grateful for my passions in life, and also for the ability to be calm.

2 comments:

  1. I posted about the solar plexus chakra a while ago but I really should read more about it. :) I am not that knowledgeable about chakras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    I like the notion of chakras, and find them useful in thinking about what I need to balance in myself. I don't think it's the only way to think about these things, but they make a good point of reference if you want to use them that way. A bit like ritual, they provide a focus point, if that makes sense.

    As a yoga teacher, I used to do guided meditations and relaxations using the chakras, and even today chakra meditations are one of my favourite focuses. There are plenty of good books about them, and also yoga videos which offer different yoga poses to help balance the chakras, too. Even wikipidia has good info about them, if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete