Friday, 14 October 2011

Artemis' Arrows

For this last pull with the Tarot of the Dream Enchantress (Lo Scarabeo, 2009) I drew the Moon.

I really like this image.  The woman in the foreground seems a clear depiction of Artemis - a Greek moon goddess associated with hunting, but also with childbirth.  Artemis is independent and strong, yet loving and playful.  What I see here is the way her bow is strung, her arrow nocked.  It makes me think of the way people have described archery to me, that it's all about focus and breath, and feeling rather than analysing.  The Moon above her is lost in mist, she cannot see clearly.  And yet she trusts her senses, all of them, and her intuition, to know where she must aim.

I hope to find some of this clarity and faith today, as well as the strength to make things happen.  We're waiting for some tests about Big Boy's infection, and if they don't come through we'll have to decide whether or not to give him antibiotics in the hope they're the right ones.  Likewise, we've been advised to give him the flu jab.  It's something we've both always been against on principle, but given how often he gets ill and how hard these things hit him, we're having second thoughts...

I am grateful for the trust in my goals which I hope will see me through.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chloe,

    That is a beautiful card for focus and direction. This is the first time I am seeing this deck, and despite some mixed reactions overall I like it (I have a soft spot for fantasy artwork).

    Hope the arrows of good health are heading towards your family. Also, this card reminds me of the very recent full moon in Aries - that's a determined and ready to strike combo energy all in one!

    Blessings,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chloë!

    The Moon card also reminds me of having to make decision in the dark - having to shoot your arrows without being sure where the aim is exactly. It may be related to having to take these decisions about Big Boy's health without the tests coming through... or it could be advising you to wait until you can see things more clearly!

    I wish Big Boy a speedy recovery! Take care! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica,

    Yes, I think it is a lovely deck. And many thanks for your well wishes. I love your point about the Aries moon :)

    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marina,

    Well, I've spoken to the nurse, and despite not having the results back she recommended giving him the antibiotics, rather than having to go through the whole weekend with him suffering. So, that's one bit of clarity, and a weight off my mind :)

    Wishing you a good weekend,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete