Sunday, 16 October 2011

Blown Down

Today's card from Tarot Leaves (Schiffer, 2011) by Beth Seilonon, is the Eight of Wands.

What I see here is a rather more chaotic, destructive scene than I would normally associate with the Eight of Wands.  Eight trees appear to have been blown down, still flying around from the force of the gale that buffets them.  Even the leaf on which they appear seems to be blown by that same wind. While there's certainly a sense of directional movement here, it feels somewhat dangerous, caused by an outside force rather than chosen.

Our friends are still here, and I guess having four kids in the house may be a rather chaotic force.  Or perhaps this is reminding me that I need to get a move on with the work for my course, otherwise things will get very hectic as deadlines pile up.  Or maybe this is more positive, speaking to Big Boy's rapid improvement now that he's taking antibiotics.

I am grateful for change, even when it feels chaotic.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful deck. I love the whole idea and especially am fond of the soft colours.

    8 of Wands stands for groups of people as well which would match your current situation - though I agree the energy is rather apt for kids with lots of energy!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica,

    I agree, it's a great idea and the colours are lovely. I'm not sure how I'd find it for readings, though, as the images don't really jump out at me. Rather, I feel like I have to look deeply into them.

    I'd never thought of the Eight of Wands being about a group of people. I normally see it more as plans and projects lining up or moving quickly, or a person needing to move several things along rapidly. Interesting perspective, thanks :)

    Blessings,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been getting the Eight of Wands a lot and this is a really cool version. Very pretty and tumultuous.

    I'm so glad to hear that Big Boy is improving with the antibiotics, and I can understand why the friend visit and all the kids is hectic.

    I hope you can breathe soon!

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MM,

    Hmm, not sure I'd put tumultuous in the same breath as cool - I could do with some calm :/

    Thanks for the well wishes for BB. And I did enjoy our friends visiting despite the craziness :D

    Hope you had a good weekend, too.
    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chloë,

    You've got a very good point. I retract my statement using 'cool' and 'tumultuous' in the same breath, I agree!

    If it helps, our weekend was NOT relaxing at all. No sleep and constant working on things. But hopefully it's all worth it.

    Sending calm, happy, healthy thoughts.

    XOX,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MM,

    Yes, I read about how hectic your weekend has been. Congratulations on getting so much done!! Will post to your blog later - with college following a hectic weekend I'm not yet caught up, but have read all your posts :)

    Lotsa hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete