Saturday, 8 October 2011

Fishing With A Basket

This week I will be drawing from the Tarot of the Dream Enchantress (Lo Scarabeo, 2009) by Marco Nizzoli, with LWB by Barbara Moore.

Two young women fish together, using a basket.  They don't seem particularly bothered by the escaping fish, but I guess there are still three more in the basket.  It doesn't seem a very realistic way to catch fish, nor would I wear a diaphanous veil for any manual task, but hey, it's a "fantasy" deck...  Not quite sure whose fantasy that would be ;)  That said, I do really like this deck, though if you're not a fan of nudity, it won't be for you.  I love the fact that all the characters are female, though not necessarily fully human.  And I especially love that, to achieve this, male archetypes are shown as women in masks - adds a whole 'nother layer to the symbolism.

Bringing it back to this card, and to more traditional Three of Wands energy, we have here two people working together and hoping to reap the rewards of their efforts.  They also seem like they are enjoying the actual work as well: standing in warm waters on a calm evening, perhaps chatting as they dip the basket in the water and pull it up heavy with fish.

Will my Dear One and I work together on something today, perhaps a video of Big Boy?  A couple of days ago I gave him a quick tutorial on using iMovie - not that I'm an expert, but I've learned a few things over the last few weeks, whereas he's never used it at all.  So, to save some time I showed him what I know, and I'm sure he'll learn some new things and show them to me.  And I guess that's what I see in this card: working together in harmony, sharing the fruits of our labours.  And if we manage to make a cute movie of Big Boy to show to all the family spread around Europe, so much the better :)

I am grateful for having someone to share both good times and hard work with.

6 comments:

  1. I loved your quote;

    "nor would I wear a diaphanous veil for any manual task"

    Haha! So funny. True. :)

    I hope you do manage to have a good time working together and making a video of Big Boy.

    Hope you have a lovely one,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL. My opinion exactly.

      Delete
    2. I know it bucks the trend, but I like Lo Scarabeo card stock, and I like a lot of their decks. Sometimes, you have to treat them as intuitive/oracle decks, rather than tarots, but that can be really good to open up new ideas :)

      Delete
  3. Hi MM,

    ;D

    Well, in the end my Dear One got a nasty case of food poisoning and could barely move for most of the day. So, Big Boy and I went out alone to give him a bit of peace and quiet. The vid was "the one that got away" and will have to wait for another day. But the sense of working together was still there - I work now, you work later, together we get it all done.

    Hope you had a great Saturday, and got all your baking and house stuff done.

    Hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharyn,

    Yes, I know what you mean. Some Lo Scarabeo decks are a bit of a joke in some ways. Still, there are aspects I really like to this deck, and it is readable on an intuitive level. Unlike some (like the Art Nouveau) where all you can say is: "Another semi-dressed woman with a colourful background." *rolls eyes a lot*

    :)

    ReplyDelete