Saturday, 1 October 2011

Look at my Sunflower

After the interview I posted on Thursday, I want to use the Prairie Tarot for my daily card this week.  The first card I've drawn is the Queen of Wands.

This lady is rather more demure than some depictions of the Queen of Wands.  Still, I love her cat!  I've always felt that a cat is a great familiar for the Queen of Wands - independent, feisty, yet sensual.  There's something, as well, about the way the black cat blends into the border - a kind of now-you-see-me-now-you-don't aspect that fits cat temperament very well.  I am also intrigued by the big sunflower.  The way it dominates the image, pulling my eyes away from the Queen, and yet the fact is that she holds it.  So, she's in control of what I notice, distracting me and getting me to look at what she thinks is important. 

Today is meant to be another beautiful, sunny day.  Like this Queen, I hope to go and sit outside, enjoying the sunshine, with maybe a picnic lunch for the whole family.  If BB annoys my Dear One, which sometimes happens when he gets fussy or whiny, I shall try to distract one or other of them ;D

I am grateful for this beautiful Indian summer, especially on the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Nice sunflower!

    I like this depiction of the Queen of Wands, too! The sunflower is great. The cat is really funny...this is a neat deck. Another one to consider for later...

    I always associate the Queen of Wands more with Leo than anything else. That IS its astrological association, technically, especially with the sunflower (representing the Sun which is Leo's ruler), and the cat which is also an obvious Leo connection. So I definitely think of my Leo woman friends more than anything else when I see the Queen of Wands even if it's technically my card.

    I've been admiring the giant sunflowers around town. My parents have several in their yard. We are going to plant a variety of them next year. We only have a few small ones.

    I hope you have an enjoyable picnic for your family and no one is fussy and whiny--boy, I don't like that, either. :)

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    No sunflowers round here :( As for the picnic, we just managed to eat our food before Big Boy decided he wanted to be elsewhere. I didn't get the chance to do as much distraction as I'd like, as Dear One said we should just say a clear "No" to his fussing. I understand his point, but walking around a park with a screaming child isn't much fun. Anyhow, that didn't last long, and the rest of the afternoon was very pleasant.

    Hope you had a lovely weekend, too,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chloë,

    Oh, I'm so sorry. I hate that feeling of not wanting to be firm but at the same time not wanting to disturb the very delicate balance, etc. It's hard.

    I hope you have a good and peaceful week.

    XO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MM,

    Yes, I'm sure you know that feeling well!

    Wishing you a good week, too.
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete