Sunday, 30 October 2011

Moon Water

The All Hallows Tarot by Robin Tisch-Hollister today offers us a card of hope and generosity - the Star.

I love her stripy tights and black boots, though I'm not sure being dipped in a pool will do them much good!  Very far from the normal nude pouring water from two jugs, our short, black-haired lady wears a flowing white dress and holds a bright red bowl that seems to brim with water.  A bright star shines behind her, a full moon sheds its light from above, and a raven flies towards her.  

I get the sense that this woman has filled up a bowl of moon water, and is offering it to us.  The full moon is a time of completion, of maximum energy.  The raven is often a messenger, just as meditating at full moon can be most propitious for hearing clearly the voice of spirit or our guides.  This card reminds me that Samhain is the start of the Pagan year, a time full of potential.  Yes, winter is still ahead, but it is a time for gathering energy again, replenishing ourselves in quiet, before things kick off afresh in the spring.

Today we head back after our short Madrid trip.  I'm looking forward to getting home, where I can rest and relax, and return to my regular routine which feels supportive and spiritually nourishing.

I am grateful for homecomings.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to go on the trip and I hope it was worth it. :)

    Lots of HUGS,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    Thanks, the trip was pretty good overall, but I did miss some of the support we have at home. Still, it does mean that coming home feels great, too, and it was lovely to see friends and be somewhere completely different for a change :)

    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    Big hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a cute little deck, I'm glad Leisa ReFalo has published some of her Choronta's decks. Her life has been pretty grim the last few years, being published must be a bright spot for her.

    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharyn,

    What is a Choronta? I have to admit I know little of Leisa ReFalo, or Robin Tisch-Hollister, except to admire Leisa for Tarot Connections and Robin for this exceptional little deck :)

    Chloë

    ReplyDelete