Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Perspective

Today the Tarot of the Dream Enchantress (Lo Scarabeo, 2009) offers us a rather different take on the Seven of Pentacles.

Instead of someone looking at something they have planted, nurtured or worked on, this lady looks out across high peaks, from a narrow mountain ledge.  Beside her is a white creature, which reminds me of a ferret or a mink.  Above her float seven golden pentacles, each etched with a leaf.  While she may not have created the scene before her, she certainly seems to be taking the long view, and looks to be in no hurry to move.

Patience will be rewarded with growth, is the message I see here, even if we cannot see what it is that will be.  Patience isn't always my strong suit, but working towards being a registered psychotherapist is a long, slow process - minimum four years.  I will need at least five, though, as I have other commitments and so am not fulfilling all the criteria as quickly as I might.  I still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but this card is a reminder that there is something there, if I can keep up the work and have patience.

I am grateful for the markers that remind me of the path I walk, when the goal is still out of sight.

2 comments:

  1. I like these cards. They are different to the norm; have a quite edge, it seems, and dwell somewhere else - that place where we experience dreams maybe.

    I see that mountain in the distance as your goal; far away at the moment, but all the time you keep your eye on it, it will be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PLN,

    I agree, these cards are very beautiful and strange. As for the mountain, I like your take, though she doesn't seem to me to be looking at the mountain. Perhaps that's her (and my) mistake ;)

    Chloë

    ReplyDelete