Saturday, 1 October 2011

Weekly Vlog for 1st October

It's funny, when I recorded this video (using the Oracle of the Shapeshifters by Lucy Cavendish and Jasmine Becket-Griffith), it made me think about a situation I'm having with work and study.  I find it hard to reconcile my joy in tarot with being taken seriously as a professional in areas outside of tarot reading.  Yet, I recognise that this is one of the ways that I make sense of the world, and of myself, and that it helps me tap into my intuition.  And intuition is useful in any context, be it in board rooms, class rooms, hospitals or therapy rooms!

Then, as I thought about it more while editing the clip, I realised it's also very pertinent, in a completely different way, to some health issues Big Boy is having this week.  A nurse took a swab to check for infection on Monday, which came back negative, and yet I know that he has an infection (the diarrhoea, temperature and vomiting are pretty good clues!)  So, I listened to that and took him to the doctor.  The doctor agrees that he has an infection, but says he should be able to get over it by himself.  In the meantime, plenty of paracetamol and keep an eye out in case his symptoms get worse.  I'm glad it's nothing very serious, and glad I went to the doctor, rather than worrying all weekend.  And at least she agreed that he does have something... 

I love the way this happens, that the cards can speak to many different situations with equal validity and helpfulness.  Here's hoping this reading has something to say to you, too :)

2 comments:

  1. This was a great weekly reading!

    Oh no... I am sorry about the infection and I'm glad the reading confirmed your own suspicions.

    I know what you mean about the tarot thing. I guess that's why it's so healing to have tarot blogs and bloggers to connect with. We can all feel a little more validated and comforted.

    I definitely related to this reading, too. I feel like the message of knowing when to heed your own counsel is really important.

    Hugs and Swift Healing to BB,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    Glad you enjoyed the reading, and thanks for the healing thoughts. BB is actually almost better now - typical, take him to the doctor and the next day he's well. Maybe I should have taken him sooner ;)

    Have a lovely Saturday,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete