Saturday, 5 November 2011

Crystal Wand

This week I will be drawing my daily cards from the Steele Wizard Tarot by Pamela Steele (self-published).  This is a RWS-based deck, with a number of extra cards.  Each suit has an extra Court Card - the Maiden - so the Courts comprise the Page, Maiden, Knight, Queen and King.  The deck also has six extra Majors, more about those later in the week :)

For this first draw I pulled the Ace of Wands.  All the wands in this suit are topped by a crystal, an idea I like pointing towards a focusing of the mind and directing of our personal energy towards whatever project we choose.  Here, too, there are runes carved into the wand - Sowilo, Berkano and Tiwaz.  Sowilo represents the Sun - success and energy.  Berkano, a rune of fertility and growth, though somewhat feminine for the wand, is perhaps indicative of the feminine within the masculine, and its regenerative power is certainly a powerful and positive one.  Tiwaz is the rune of the sky god Tyr, representative of honour and leadership.  These both feel like good runes for this card.  I also like the leaves twining around the wand, suggestive of growth and potential, and the feather ornament, which seems like a shaman's talisman, another way of drawing energy into this wand.

I'm certainly going to need this fertile wands energy today: I have an essay to write!

I am grateful for all the help I can get in focusing my intent.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with that essay - and am very much liking the notion of the wands being topped by a crystal!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this deck but never seen any of the cards, I look forward to what turns up this week.
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card for inspiration to create! Hope the essay goes well, Chloe. I look forward to more posts with this deck too as I like what I've seen of the artwork online so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya ladies,

    Thanks for the well wishes for the essay, I got about a quarter of it done yesterday.

    As for the deck, I really like it. I'm often drawn to decks with extra cards, and I like the colours and the variations on card gender that she brings in (for example, a tied up, blindfolded guy in the Eight of Swords, and a long-haired woman looking over her shoulder in the Nine of Wands). A friend looking at it yesterday said it was rather "Eighties" looking, which she said as a bad thing... :)

    I think, when I have some more time, I'll also do a post on her Court Cards, as I really like this system, but that will have to wait a while :(

    ReplyDelete